Monday, July 12, 2010

Ladies @ Church

Sunday mass is part of my life. Since the time I got married, my wife made me follow it religiously . During my hay days as a single existence, I would skip most Sundays except when my heart was heavy with grief.

We go to St Patricks church in Bangalore. This old roman styled chruch situated near to the end of Bridgade road has beautiful decor, well ornated styles, with big pillars. I love the exterior, interior and love watching the beautiful believers who come to worship.

We go for the 11:00 clock mass and most of the time we sit at the left side of the pulpit. From where we sit, I can see the choir ladies and the priest.

If i'm lucky I get to seat next to some pretty young stuff who wear off dress for a Church. Tee shirts, colorful skirts gives this mass a feeling of a club. There are men who wear neat formals and my wife spare no words to appreciate them.

I as usual with dandruff in the hair and with lazy eyes watch the sermon and watch/listen to the choir with admiration.

I like one priest who does the final announcements... He looks like a roman emperor with sparing white hard and voice that drags..... announcements for this week......

Under my watchful eyes he opens the chamber(communion) and take the steel container to the ante chamber. Then in golden chaise the priest will raise the cup for the heavenly toast.

After the mass I hover around the church full of strangers, watching the pettiete women and young misies chit-chatting with prospective studs.

I've more to talk about the wealthy, fashionable crowd in the next post. Here's one old pic of St Patricks church...

No comments:

Post a Comment