Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Garib Rath from Kerala

Packed Garib Rath landed at Banaswadi by 9:00. Mallu folks of all shapes and sizes, uncles, aunts, broads, chicks, chicken and stags all walking in unison to reach their next home. I took on my bags and descended to the front yard of railway station. As soon as you reach the frontyard, all the lecher auto fellas start swarming. These guys ask crazy rates and there's no escape unless you get real lucky!

I'm not good with bargaining so I leave the arena and go out to one lonely corner, hoping to catch the attention of any good Samaritan auto fella. But, even after waiting for 30 minutes there's No luck. Just me, and my two over grown bags.

Had another tea and waited. Then asked few auto guys, they didn't bother even to take me.

Started walking with those bags, while I saw rich chicks & guys getting on the cab. I'm no rich, and I cursed myself pulling my large bag on my shoulder.

why did I get rich? well that's for another post!!!

Fortunately, I get a break. An auto chap agreed and I get back faith. He agreed to take me at meter rate!!! And believe me I reach my home in 50 bucks. I wanted to give that fellow a 5 rs tip, but didn't have nor wanted him to give 10 rs extra.

So, got to get ready to work... chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment