Monday, August 30, 2010

Texting Gen!

I heard someone saying, that it only takes 3-5 years to make for a "generation gap", earlier it took a whole 2 to 3 decades. You too don't have to know it from me, just look around to see the fast changing life around you.

Old Land Phone Connection

I still vividly remember the time it took to get our land phone connection. After a long, long wait of over 3 years we got the phone in our living room. The excitement of hearing the phone ring in our living room was music to my ears. When guest came to visit our house, I wished the phone rang. The back log of getting connection also surface other elements to the telephone dept. Politicians had quota, telephone higher-ups could change your priority but all these now replaced by something new.

Now it's all history.Now it's the time for mobile phones to wipe away the influence of land phone.. Do you remember the time when a call to a girls house was considered tougher than crossing the great Berlin Wall.

I used to dread if the call is taken by her Dad, brother or her Mom. Most often, I disconnect the call if I found an unfamiliar "Hello" and many times, she had a bad cough and I mistook for her Mom.

Those little adventures of the BSNL/VSNL era now bite the dust. Now, school kids have mobile phones and SMS or video MMS of all weirdo kinds are circulated en masse. I wonder the impact of the young ones in India?

Well, it can spawn promiscuity among young people, easy relationship, easy s** talk and what not.

Life has changed for sure, the old values are gone and only remain in the soap operas and remains only in select few like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment