Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Sunday thought

Reached late for the Sunday mass at St Patrick church. First thing I did at the church was to locate a vacant space to park my ass. Most the seats were filled with all kinds of believers and I took a chance to walk across to spot a vacant slot. I came to a place where 4 people were sitting and I managed to sit between two ladies. : )

Sitting between two middle aged beautiful ladies was a big distraction. I could hardly hear what the preacher's sermon. One point he said struck a chord - " don't come to church just for the sake of coming". Well he has a real point, and folks like me just come in with a distracted mind and leave equally distracted.

At communion time, my fav retired preacher, the one who looks like a Roman Emperor came to open the cabinet to take out the stainless steel box with the communion. This Sunday, I took the communion, just b'cos to please the people sitting next me .

The last hymn for this mass was sung by Mark, and I got goosebumps just listening to his voice.









No comments:

Post a Comment